Tuesday, August 24, 2010

We did finally watch "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" last night- it was subtitled of course, but definitely one of the best films we have seen this year. I have read there is already an Oscar push for it. I am skeptical as to how an American director would make an English version better- that usually doesn't work out well- remember the "Grudge" movies? Much better Japanese (original) versions.

Anyway, I am just glad it's getting attention. I would highly recommend reading the trilogy before seeing these "US" versions before they are made. The characters have detailed pasts and hidden lives that they can only address onscreen for so many minutes before cutting back to action (and you know the American version will be all about the action, not about what's going on in their heads about their past). I hope this is not the case. I hope the new movie trilogy that is going to be the biggest new trilogy since "Spiderman" or LOTR even, is up to par with the excellent novels.

Read up, folks. If you can't tonight, I hope your life is going well. What did you do today? I mean, really? Did you make someone's life easier, did you give a compliment or three, did you donate, give, or make your short time on Earth worth it? I hope you did, such peacefulness we recieve after giving. I hear alot of people talk about giving, and I think alot of people want to give, but it's easier to sit and watch tv all day and see a false world and not get out into the real world.

Do something. It feels good, trust me. We are raising two young boys to know that their parents do things beside watch tv, worry about what others think, and to give, give, give. Life is short. Don't wait around for someone else to ignite your fire (especially not some politician as some naive people are prone to do.)

In the end, I realize some people like the motivational speaking of others to get their souls on fire. That is human nature and I understand. Maybe my new slogan should be " Just Do It."...oh, that's already taken.
Maybe this then "Do it. Now."

Yes!!




No comments: