Friday, August 20, 2010

Stay tuned for this one

When in the Dunedin Public Library today, I notice a new arrival with all kinds of accolades on it titled "The History of White People". I already had a basket full of books to take home, some I will read, some I won't. They are due back in two weeks along with my sons dvd's, children's cd"( sing a longs and lullabies) and the cheap ten cent magazines I pick up every few weeks. I donate bags of them and books, so it's a giving circle of free entertainment.

So...what is that book about? I must find out more. How interesting, truly. I must know what the author is trying to say (from the cover- a straight history of the European race without any 'racially influenced rewriting of history'.) hmm.. bigotry or someone trying to make a point about how messed up our story telling has become?

I will check it out soon. and report back. If it sucks, I will definitely tell. I love outing bigotry, reverse racism, and racism whenever possible, especially from so called journalist- writers.

No comments: