Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Alice in Wonderland...

Ok, what a week so far. Gave our Santana tix to my literacy student and her husband who had a great night out with dancing. Very very happy we could find someone to enjoy. We decided since the temps were over 95 that day that our kids would not be able to make it happily through the evening, so we had a great night with our kids,put them to bed, and then had a good night ourselves, knowing a super couple was enjoying Santana....there has been alot going on, and it being around 11 pm may turn of the pc soon. We went to Honeymoon Island State Park this morning, and then I had a great tutoring session with my student and we are becomming very good friends. She is awesome,super smart, and has alot of tales to tell of traveling and family which reminds me of my own life. We have alot in common, let's say.

We finally watched "Alice in Wonderland"- great film, a little less edgy and dark as it might have been had not Disney held Tim Burton to some kind of "rated G" level. Fun acting, great fast paced script that must be listened to twice. I even enjoyed Anne Hathaway's "white Queen" all twittering fluttering fingers (great character twitch) and of course Helena Bonham Carter and her massive head. I also enjoyed the little talked about Crispen Glover- if ever there was one actor that must have all his movies watched (including "Rats") it's him. He drinks absinthe. In real life. Enough said.

Fun movie, a little too sweet for me, but Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter and all the afore mentioned actors make it worth the time spent. A soon to be modern classic that your own kids might enjoy.
I am a huge Tim Burton fan, but don't always let him off the hook. I'll let him go on this one.

Good night, young princes and princesses. Life is short, don't tary. Don't hold in what you need to let out.

No comments: