Wednesday, April 7, 2010

what ails me

I have put my finger on what bothers me so much about the past two or so years politically. I have said it before but maybe in not such a precise way. It is this- I have felt personally judged and attacked ever since people decided it was "cool" to hate Bush, and therefore [they] defiled and wrote off anything that any other candidates (besides the major Dems at the time- Clinton, Obama...) had to say. A direct result of this mindset was that anyone who didn't love Obama or "respect" what a great woman Clinton was supposed to be must be a dinosaur hating, prairie skirt wearing person who was just so out of touch that they must not know what the new hip thing was in the USA....voting for a minority of course. That's not directed at most voters, I'm talking about the little group that when you ask them why they voted for Obama, it's all about the race. That's a different story.
Back to trying to be short to the point- I knew Obama wasn't going to the a great uniter that some thought he was...even way back when he wasn't high in the polls. He was too divisive, even though I believe some had false hope in his untested ability to "unite" the country. I feel bad for that vast majority who seem let down, for how can one man overcome such negativity and fear festering in his own party for so long? Or in both partiest- to be honest? Or in the other growing parties which I am very excited about -for the country's sake, not my own. Any extra party to add on with serious concerns is wonderful right?I think so!!!

Ok, not so short. Not succinct. This country's too big for a few paragraphs. My UF journalism professors are probably having heart attacks by now at all the angry media on television, and the internet is even worse if you see certain sites.

Keep your head straight, your heart clear, and think before you vote. Good advice....good night

No comments: