Sunday, April 4, 2010

Cheap thrills- and not you what you think that means

thrifty tip- tear out any and all magazine scent- ads you find. Put them each in individual towel, washcloth, t-shirt, clothing drawers. You'll get a nice fading scent of some designer label on your clothes -for free (if your zine was from the public library like mine are - about 10 cents each magazine). Even if it's some cheesy celebrity label (Paris Hilton, Tim McGraw, Britney...) they usually smell nice enough to stick somewhere. It's easy, and they aren't strong enough for anyone to tell if they're Dior or if they're Dion (Celine, that is).
Unless you're me, I can tell- but that's because there is a part of me that has always kept up with high fashion for the design aspect, I used to pencil draw my own designs, and I still keep up with the latest perfumes. I have always been a big fan of smells. I love my Chanel #5, not for it's fame, but for it's actual smell. I wore it in high school, as my friends can attest. I smelled like an old French granny for years until moving on to others. Now, I'm back to it, being an old American mom. Anyway, the tear-offs are a thrifty way to keep all your underlings smelling like something besides detergent....

and we all like to smell nice, don't we?

No comments: