Thursday, April 7, 2011

this should be fun...

Starting tomorrow morning, Friday April 8, I am going to eat but "real" food for about 7 days (this amount chosen as a starting goal). The "real" food lifestyle consists of eating only foods and spices that are "whole" and not processed. I have decided to modify this idea slightly to include one serving of whole wheat pita or loaf bread or a whole wheat tortilla each day, but cutting out pasta, rice or any cereals. This is mostly because I am super thrifty and have already bought these items to share with my children, and don't want them to spoil.Yes, seriously. The real food diet is different than a vegan diet in that I am not excluding dairy or meat products. However, as I blgo about it , you will notice that i have virtually cut out meat from my diet already, and I don't eat eggs regularly at all. I am going to spend my evening cooking and preparing a ton of my produce lot purchased on Tuesday. I have read that most people who are looking to shed the processed food in their lives are prepared and cook alot more at home, thankfully we already do that, it's just that now I am taking it another level. The real food lifestyle simply challenges the palate to accept foods that are left "alone", served slightly cooked to retain vitamins and flavor and without mixing the chosen foods into a pasta, taco, butter drenched cream sauce or covered with mayonaise or toppings. Everything whole, everything as it was made from the Earth.

Peace out, peeps. This is going to be another fun adventure!!

Curiousity is good for you ;)

No comments: