Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Bay High Tales from the Crypt to come. Don't be scared. If I liked you, you're safe.

I am going to spend some time reviewing this blog to see if I have already told the tale of the crazy Senior blonde who tried to run me and my friends over at the Bay High four way stop in and around 1990. This, in the age of open campuses, teachers smoking outside, and "loser corner" (how snobby is that?). If I haven't told the story I will pursue recreating it with the utmost writing heat. It is a good one, and it's a timeless tale of female competition, craziness, surfer dudes, and weird strange late night phone calls to my parent's house back in the day...and a short bittersweet reunion years later while a tropical storm rolled into town. Damn, now I'm giving it away. Some stories just well up like crude oil after time. After time gives you that distance, they are safe to tell.
Everyone is safe, we all survived, but wow the stories I have still to tell. Not about any of you nice folks though ;)

Ta ta for now, and hope you are having a good evening. I am exhausted and fighting a cold with 1000mg of Vitamin C and lemon water. Yum. Ick. I gotta let the sleep heal my mind and give me the energy to write some better stuff this month. In a weird way, keeping up this blog is like a little job, and I feel obligated to it and to you. And that's a good thing.




No comments: