Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Yes, this!

See link below. The Temper Trap singing "Sweet Disposition". I heard it a few months ago on our local Tampa music video channel TheCoolTV - a great almost 24 hour video channel ala the early MTV days (that's channel 38-2 for local free antenna tv watchers like ourselves). They don't have any cheesy programs, just music vids from the past three or more decades and it's great to see the new music vids so I don't have to rely so much on word of mouth or the internet to find this stuff. This song is now on a Diet Coke commercial (sigh) but like Mika, Phoenix, Beck and many other great performers, this happens. In fact, I downloaded a ton of Phoenix stuff last year and got so annoyed from hearing them on ads that I can't even hear them anymore. Not their fault, I guess I was never a big enough fan (t.i.c)...

Hope you guys are having a peaceful evening. We just sat outside for a few minutes to enjoy the weird very cool air blowing through after that rain this morning. The wind chimes are singing, the ground is drying, and the big fat possum that runs our fence to get the last of the oranges was lumbering along, not caring about us at all. I have tiny spinach, cilantro, peppers, tomato, marigolds, basil, parsley and rosemary sprigs I had to contain on a corner of the porch so the gusts wouldn't bowl everything over.

Speaking of bowling, I'll have to tell you about the Big Lebowski Festival at Ritz Ybor we went to on Friday night in Tampa. It was very very cool....much bigger and friendlier than I expected. We met alot of super nice people and were filmed for a doc on the festival as it runs amuck through different cities nationwide. We were so glad to be able to go, and my awesome sister watched our house so we could venture once again into my native town. It was a great date night.

I hope you all are doing well. Last year was just one nasty thing after another, and so far, this year is starting off one a more peaceful note, except for the middle east but they'll work it all out how they (and the US and Europe) see fit I am sure. Gas prices are going up even more, and BP seems to have disappeared from North FL (you locals let me know) so they can run, but they cannot hide. Despite these things, we all need to find comfort in what we can do for others, and for ourselves and our loved ones.


Ta ta for now kitty cats and pups. Curl up with a good one!

Whatever that may be.



No comments: