Friday, March 4, 2011

Belief and Back Beach Road...Amen.

I was thinking about some great song titles today while listening to the radio (remember the radio?) on my way to get Nick for his eye appointment. We picked him up and went to the Safety Harbor Seafood Fest (2 years in a row, woo hoo!) and had a great time.. However, I thought about good old Bay County and didn't want to write about anything else present in my life, tonight, so thought this would be mildly entertaining to some of you about 50 readers (some of you who will know that the other folks not from that area can only guess at how really smart we really are....truly). God Bless America, and here goes:

Great Country Song Lines or Titles from Bay Co and surrounding areas:

"When Back Beach Road was two lanes, my heart was two lanes wide"

"Lynn Haven Country Club kicked me out, so I kicked your door in."

"Stars are bright and you don't seem so tonight."

"The South will rise again, when you are in my bed."

"They think we're stupid, but they're smart only in their head."

"Mexico Beach, pool and you. Amen."

"Kings Point, a little acreage and us, baby. Amen."

"Rolling in the blue, Salty's me and you."

"Seaside was just a baby when I fell in love with you."

"Coram's honeybears aren't nothing compared to you."

"what the hell are they doing at my condo?" part one.

"He thinks my Mustang's sexy..."

"Counselors don't know..."

"Party at Alligator Point, anyone need a knife to the head?"

"Prom dates are often very sweet, and often we don't get to tell them so later in life after all the bs is over"

"Good wine, golf carts, and missing naked people in Bay Point means trouble, love."

"Great food, great night, hold tight."

"Sunsets, sangrias and oysters...It's a great night."

"Hunt me down at Hunt's tonight. If I don't answer the phone, it's alright."

"Sweet Jesus, is that a new tattoo?"

"My parents may not be cooler than yours, but I'll be alive longer."

Amen. Ya'll have a great night. It's been a peaceful week, and I got to the causeway to lie by myself with eyes closed for a while my husband watched Jude. It gave me that peace I needed. The Seafood Fest was great, we met good people and are having a big cookout tomorrow night. I wish you all could come. We are not living "LARGE" but are living big, and thrive on social stuff and events rather than things. I just donated 5 boxes of nice things to a charity in order to help someone else out and also to keep our home from getting full of things we don't use. It was refreshing. My husband doesn't believe in astrology but has said that I am a true Capricorn from what he used to read. Real, practical, earth loving, a person who gets better as they got older - hey I'm ok with that.

But how are you? Dear friends, I know this blog is all about me, it's a blog. But I often wonder how you are doing, and hope you are faring well. Things are tough for some, and quite simply ok for others. I think this is the time in our lives when we need not compare ourselves to the "Jones'es" so to speak, and rather not be so concerned at all about material things. Food prices are going up, we have noticed. But I still find the time to drop off money to the local street solicitors and also there is a homeless person that has taken shelter by a bankrupt bank on Hwy 19 that I may start bringing a lunch to a few times a week. They hide under blankets, but I have seen them every day now for about two weeks, long enough to vex my soul. I have no job to offer them, but God knows they can use any help they can get.

I'll keep you posted. You- be safe, be healthy, and be kind. Life is short, people aren't perfect, and none of us are experts on the human condition. Find that empathy and find that place of imperfection that you may hide from others in order to help someone else out. We all have enough to give something. Even when Phillip and I lived in a shack with squirrels running around in the rafters and borrowed electricity, we still gave to charity, and still even when early in our marriage we both worked two jobs each to make ends meet and pay off debts in order to prepare for a better life, we still never asked for any government help but still gave, because we knew there are those that need it.

We knew we would overcome over hard times. The difference is there are so many who do not believe they will overcome. Belief.

Good night!








No comments: