Saturday, July 24, 2010

Scottish Line Dancing- Yee haw!

Tomorrow night I will attend my first Scottish line dancing class at the Scottish American Society clubhouse here in Dunedin FL. A nice older gent called me back tonight about my inquiries and from what I understand the summer classes are great for beginners. There is a HUGE population of Scots here and they are prominent in local parades, festivals and hold several annual dinners and dancing events each year. Since my McMullen family has direct from Scotland roots directly into this county...I was always interested in joining this group. I may be the youngest person there at age 36 but I don't give a hoot- the more clubs I join like we did in PC, the more neato people we meet- so I'm diving in, red hair and all.

Now, I will have to write about this after the event tomorrow night if possible. We are getting up at 5 am Monday to do some early morning fishing (watch the sun rise with our boys) and then my husband is going to leave me on the beach alone at some point so I can read in peace and later pick me up. Holiday!! He is in the middle of a five day work break so we're on a mini stay-cation. So, I will be packing our coolers with bananas and peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches tomorrow night for our morning ride and camp out. We usually pack the X-terra (otherwise known as Big Red) up at night so everything's ready to go the next day except for any fishing poles that go on top...we live in a good neighborhood but you never know if someone wants your "Ugly Stick" for some beer money.

Anyway, enough about me- what about you? Are you doing alright? Are you happy, and do you feel good with life tonight? Sometimes, I have noticed happiness is a choice I have to make, but most days it reveals itself by the end of the day. So much to be grateful for, so glad to be here among the living, so excited each morning to try to show my sons something cool about this world.

We went to Brandon FL tonight (about 45 minutes away) for my sister Andrea's party and it was very nice. Very relaxed and we were smart about it, not trying to insist that our three year old stay one minute longer (about two hours) and get so loud and tired that it may ruin the peaceful dinner evening for others. I hope she is having a great time tonight and we will see her and John again soon. They are truly awesome people and I am so proud to see them be such good parents (spoken like a true older sister, right?) But really, they are the bomb and we love having long nights with them when possible.

You guys sleep well- it's about 11 pm here in muggy, hot, insect infested FL and it's time for this Cinderella to retire the carraige for the pumpkin. You be good, be true to yourself, and remember how short life is. Take chances, no fear!!

No comments: