Tuesday, July 6, 2010

8 things to fill this space

1. No matter how hard he tries, Jared Leto will always be Jordan Catalano in My So Called Life. And Claire Danes will always be Angela, always pining for that brooding, non-speaking, dark haired boy who shares her love for silence, pondering their sucky lives, and the Ramones. What a great show!!



2. I read recently that the talented actor Morgan Freeman was recently discovered having an affair with his step-granddaughter- yuck. This was someone who saw him as a long time father figure...Woody? Woody?



3. People are nutso these days over our politicians, our political viewpoints, and everyone thinks that they are the most educated on these things. I get very amused with people who say they love politics but really they mean that they only love talking about their own- not having open debate or discussion.

4. I think the best line in the remake of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Johnny Depp is "Mumbler!" This is perfect writing.

5. Craigslist has brought some interesting phone calls to me lately, about several ads. People offering to trade computer software (what's this? a naked Swede embedded in my Word program?),and alot of people trying to offer less. I know we aren't rich people. But my junk isn't free.

6. Sour dill pickles (one of my favorite salty treats), are only 5 calories each. Yummy

7. Speaking of food, "veggie" burgers don't taste good to me. I need to keep making the homemade kind full of mushrooms, barley, and all that good stuff rather than spend the cash on the storebought kind that look like a gray hockey puck and turn to mush.

8. My papaw McMullen is 89 years old. I am so proud of him and his sweet, kind heart.

No comments: