Friday, June 4, 2010

Walking in Memphis is playing on my PC right now

and that should mean everything's ok. But it's not.Let's face it. The next few years are really going to suck it big time. I dont care to tip-toe around it, as my friends know I've never done. There is no political statement to make right now, although there's alot more to come about that- but try to find a way to help our beloved Gulf Coast.

I had a dream about oil three nights ago and woke at 3 am and never went back to sleep. My whole life, as has many of yours, has been spent on the Gulf Coast, and I'm not talking about the cute expensive trips to Destin we've all made but our childhoods, our youth, our trips to New Orleans so many times and on I-10 up there in the great wilderness of the panhandle. It's very frustrating for us all, like a funeral march that is ever so slow and painfully getting worse with no end.
Try to find a way to help- donate money, time, vehicles, resources and get ready for it to affect your future. We have already donated but are ready to do more. Much more....there is enough blame to pass around among the federal government and it's relationship to oil. I don't care about how many permits Obama allowed before this happened- just do something! Take action, BE BOLD. Don't wait around for opinion polls and just TALK TALK TALK. We've heard enough of that the past two years. DO something. Isn't that what leadership is about.
Sigh.
I'm still listening to Marc Cohn and now "Rhapsody in Blue" by Gershwin is starting up. Thank you for good music to help ease the mind.

No comments: