Thursday, June 17, 2010

bad poetry from 1994

sharing an old folder I found of some very bad poetry I wrote...NOT sharing this because I think it's good, but rather because it reminded me so much of who I was back then...and still am. You may wonder who the "you" is in this. I'll never tell! enjoy, and someday- look back on your own past and remember that though we may not dwell in our past, it shapes who we are, and is to be respected.

"Driving"

Look at me
driving along singin'
some hellish top 40 hit
that I hate-
but you know how that is.
Yeah, this is the life
doin' 60
in a little bug of a car
Wish you were here
but you know how that goes-
I'm on my own
a solitary soldier
standing for
freedom, irresponsibility,
cowardness, and pure fun.
When I get back
hope noone knows me
Because it'll be a century
from now-
Gotta get some pure earth
in my hair as it streams behind me
Gotta breath that untainted air
and let it cleanse my crazy soul
Wish you were here,
The only iota of anything
I will ever dream about
at night-
Oh, I hope it's out in the desert
or on a Western mountain range
where you might be tonight
That I dream of you-
It'll be so nice.

No comments: