Sunday, June 27, 2010

Good things about the Oil Spill

Or as I refer to it- the Big Nasty, the Big Blob, the Black Hole, the Big Problem...

I have tried very hard to come up with a few good things about this issue. There really are none.
So, I have thought of 3 positive things about life right now.

1. Nicholas Cage is still around, making really good and really bad movies. He's a gambler, owes millions for his homes, but still makes me smile when I remember him in "Moonstruck", "Raising Arizona", and "Honeymoon in Vegas" to name a few. I need to see "The Bad Lieutenant", heard that was a great part for him.

2. My hair is growing back. When you have a baby, your hair starts thinning out. It happens fast, and before you know it, you're having nightmares about clumps of hair in you drain (although this is far from the truth). Luckily my hair is thick as a horses so not that noticable. Thankfully, I've got about 3 inches of little baby hairs amongst my much longer hair that remind me that yes- the pregnancy and birth are FINALLY Over.

3. It won't be 95 degrees forever. Around late October, we may get below 80. It is so hot this year. My husband and I have been talking about moving further north after the boys have done some elementary school here, which may be within 2-3 years. Sounds good right about now.

So, there are three good things that make me feel positive. Now, if only I could turn on the computer without seeing the news headlines. We have cut out alot of tv in our home, having limited public channels with some good shows on cooking, gardening and of course Austin City Limits for music. but, the bad news just seeps in....
The Big Blank, The Bitter Pill....

No comments: