Sunday, April 19, 2009

GREAT AFTERNOON

POP QUIZ FOLKS:
what does a good parent do when you accidently lock your keys, purse, cards, cell phone, and 2 YEAR OLD CHILD in your car while it's not running with a/c and no windows are down (in mild but sweaty FL weather)???

A. Pull up your top and run down nearby HWY 19 hoping to snag some hot AAA motorclub sevice truck driver going 70 mph because your cell phone and AAA club card ID are in your LOCKED SUV?

B. Run around the walmart parking lot screaming "my baby! my Baby! He's frying! Someone save him!"

C. Frantically knock on your child's window while pulling our your hair and cry in front of him, so that he may also share your panic and start wailing like a banshee.

D. Run into Walmart fast and get what you came for...knowing it's not July so it' s not that hot anyhow..he'll be fine.

E. None of the above- ask a stranger if you can use their cell to call your husband at work since he's got a set of keys, then get an outside Walmart person to call the fire dept or Clearwater police to help jimmy open your car door- which they did within 10 minutes. And they gave Dominick a plastic firemen's hat. My husband made it halfway down the causeway and was relieved that we were all ok so he went back to work.
After this we're chilling in the a/c- my first accidental locking a child in the car, thankfully not forgetting he was there- just a soft push of wind and the door closed on us! Whew! Glad that's over.

I'm still waiting for a good panic stricken moment to give me the excuse to run down HWY 19 with my top pulled up but that's not it. And it just sounds like fun.

1 comment:

John and Andrea said...

Wow. Crazy afternoon. I'm sorry but I had to giggle a bit. I almost burned our house down the other day if it makes ya feel any better. I had moved a pan from one burner on the stove to another...turned off that burner. However, I had left a towel with the pan's lid on the hot burner....a few minutes later smelled smoke. The towel was black on one corner, and was smoking. OOPS!