Friday, March 23, 2012

Great article link from Runner's World about the Amish and Mennonite Runners!

Even if you are not a runner, this is a great nugget of writing from Runner's World I found in my husband's subscription. The interplay between the Amish beliefs of humbleness and piety mixed with their desire to be athletic and (gasp!) have fun make for a funny and sweet piece of Americana culture. I talked to my husband about doing the Bird in Hand race someday and we look forward to running with the Amish soon!

Also, diving more into the world of running as I have 6-7 5K races to choose from this spring and summer. Very soon, I hope to do a 10K and move on from there, joining my other family members here in a 1/2 marathon and then a full one. Fingers crossed, always striving, always moving forward!


http://www.runnersworld.com/article/1,7120,s6-243-297--14236-0,00.html

No comments: