Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Date with destiny

Today I have an appointment with a shoe fitter. This is a big deal.I have been wanting to run (and walk) more but my two pairs of tennis shoes are so worn out, that the bottoms of my feet ache in the mornings..i get up and walk around the first few minutes with feet curled inward like an arthritic mountain dwarf who doesn't know how to walk on flat land. So..I am finally spending the money for a pair of running shoes over $30 (this was hard for me since I am super thrifty and don't think anything besides a boat should cost over $30)...but my husband has been asking me to get fitted for months now. My date with destiny has begun..now more achy 5k's -- a half marathon may be down the road. Who knows? the sky is the limit when your feet are happy.

If I ever make the Boston Marathon...I'll probably be shopping in the Quincy Market before the end. Baby Steps baby steps.

No comments: