Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Free Meditations for Curious Stressed out People!

Dharmaseed.org is a nice little site that lets you download or livestream several of their meditations and talks from teachers who walk the walk in the meditative life. I am not a pro at this, and have only dabbled in the Eastern ways of meditation. I believe can be just as healthy for the body and mind as any athletic activity, I just haven't found the time to go to a good teacher or learn from someone who does it regularly. Yoga is my "meditation", for me it is my slow down time, and sometimes after a session, I have fallen asleep on the floor. Its that good. However, if you, like myself ever want to try something new in the comfort of your own home then check out this site.

Others are;

Soundstrue.com
Tricycle.com
(both online sites that offer things for a small charge but are also full of great information)

After a long day, it might be a nice treat to find yourself a quiet corner (after the kids are in bed, mine are down by 7) and bliss out for a 10-20 minutes. Even closing the eyes this long gives me a huge pick up for the rest of my evening.

try something new today!

No comments: