Monday, February 14, 2011

The best fictional love story I have ever read. I read it in middle school, and many times after. Other great authors of character based stories are Fitzgerald (who I did a 26 page paper on), and Faulkner. I am supposed to love Faulkner because he was given the "southern writer" crown decades ago, however I am not in love with him, am just in "respect" in him :) I get his sense of place, time and geography, but I've never been a champion of his characters. And people are what move me. Much love to you all today. Remember, despite all the hoopla, Valentine's Day is about doing something loving for someone else, a grandparent, a homeless person, a friend who is lonely or a parent who needs help. Anything is "love" that is giving of yourself. Don't worry about the hype of the media. We have all gotten flowers or cards perhaps in our past but what are the things that you remember most?? The moments you laughed, smiled and went to bed at peace. I am at peace tonight. Believe it or not, I can write for 15 minutes or so but I also know what my husband and I have been through to get this peace (financially we had a bitchy first few years of marriage). Take time to find something to hug. or write a note to someone who may need your love!

In turn, you will get so much back. Love, as cheesy as it sounds, always comes back around...it's true!!


"We're going to have a strange life." Ernest Hemingway, Chapter 5 (Lt. to Catherine)


No comments: