Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Retired community gets Jim Morrison concert

Every so often in our senior citizen retired beach town of Dunedin, and in our little quiet code enforced neighborhood, someone gets loose. It's happening right now, and no, it's not me. I was just outside picking up stuff from the backporch, looking for our tiny owl friend, when the noise drifted across the hood- Jim Morrison singing "let it roll, baby roll..." along with some leftover fireworks and very loud drunken conversations. My elderly neighbors popped on their back light and investigated ( I could tell through our privacy fence) and I had to chuckle to myself. You can try to keep the lively ones out- but they always rise to the top on any given Tuesday night. It is Florida, it is only 65 degrees outside in January, and there are people under 80 who feel the need to party or annoy every one else in the hood, depending on your mood.
For now, it's fine. As long as I don't hear it at around 11 when I am trying to sleep. I am, after all, middle aged and need my beauty rest- yeah right!

No comments: