Saturday, January 8, 2011

Everything is good personally and privately, however...

I am quitting Fb in a matter of days, due to several reasons, none of which are too dramatic or worthy of some big explanation. The only reason I am sticking around it for another month will be explained- in about a month:) In the meantime, please find ways to keep in touch if you like, some of you who read this (about 70 or so last summer) I already have given you my digits etc. Fb has gotten a little weird lately, and I am not talking about any "friends" who I communicate most with on it, but rather other circumstances that I cannot talk about here (but nothing about any of you that I have friended on Fb, on the contrary). It is not a big deal, and I hope to see most of the people I reconnected with sometime in our lives- you all rock! And have done such great things, and I am so proud of you! Also, there are some of you that I just always wondered about over the past 20 years and was simply glad to know you were still around, making the world a better place with you just being there. The funny thing is, some of those people are just as private as myself, and I would like to get back to that. Others, I found strong connections with that are there forever, new ties and trust in people that I never was great friends with, but now have a strong emotional tie to. This is all good. And they are my friends, as I hope to be theirs if they ever need me. Facebook has reconnected me to many people I loved very much in my life, you know who you are, some I have just simply missed so much, and some I have built new bonds with who I never knew before that are just as important.
But, it will be time to cut the ties, if only for half a year, or so. No big deal. Just time to not feel so compulsive about sharing, and about debating. Lots of people out there want to argue, and I just don't have the time for that anymore, something I cannot keep myself from answering :)My blog will be open to any comments at any time though, and I welcome it!

No comments: