Friday, January 8, 2010

Trying to get all fixed up, only to have....

baby spit up all down the side of my neck, hair and shirt right when my husband walked in the door today from work at 4. I actually did my hair, which for my thick curly hair, means either straightening it, or curling it like some Beyonce 'do. Its way easier to do the Beyonce. Anyway, being that my man is not an "Eddie Hardy" tough guy who expects me to have a fake tan, fake boobs and all that, it's still nice to fix up and try to not look like a stay at home mother with a soon to be 3 year old and a 4 month old at home. So because he intuitively knew this, Jude promptly threw up all over me right after I have let me hair down from it's daily Sarah Palin clip-up, and so now I'm chilling after he got both kids to sleep...Jude of course will eat again around 10, hopefully sleeping until around 3 am for another feeding. I went outside to enjoy a glass of something good and look at the stars like i do often, and low and behold it's really cold out, and the second cold front isn't here until tomorrow, when it will only get around 40 each day through Sunday night. Yeah! AND, there was still a mosquito in the house, hiding in the warmth, until I tracked it down and smacked the hell out of it.
So, how's your evening? Read any books lately? Seen any great movies? Met any new interesting people in your life? It's a new year, and a nice time to try new things....
BTW, I'm on day 4 on the no meat diet. Good so far, but noticing that so many meals we ate had meat in them...looking now for lots of meals that will fill me up and not keep me hungry like I seem to be every few hours lately. def a good way to lose weight thought, the jeans are already loose after all that Christmas ham!

No comments: