Friday, January 29, 2010

becomming an batty old woman

tonight, the high point in the evening has been the one hour so far of complete and utter aloneness. I am hoping for about three more. Keep your fingers crossed. Aloneness is different than isolation, it denotes an enjoyment of being singular...a One. An uno, a solitary figure creeping around your home hoping to God that your babies don't wake up do to your lazy ankle cracking walking. Let this news be a comfort, all is well, and the day was actually a very good one. It's always good when I'm outside for at least a few hours.
Tonight, I found myself turning into a batty old woman. I took a four foot long thick piece of driftwood, tied bottles, shells, a skeleton key, and an cross ornament from Honduras to varying lengths of twine and strung white Christmas lights around it- and WHALAH! It's a wonderful new decoration for our back porch. Oh, how the little things matter. Well, someone is texting me in what I am sure is an all important conference call amongst my far flung and dearly missed girlfriends from home.
Even 20 years later, we still talk about the same stuff. It's heaven.

BTW- bright moon out tonight.

No comments: