Monday, January 11, 2010

A Political Post- don't be scared!

senate majority leader Henry Reid has some problems- one big one is a statement he said a few years back about Barack Obama and it's all in the recent NYTimes article or any other press if you haven't heard about it yet. I have heard his statement several times over the past few days, and it is totally hard on the p.c. ears. I also agree with alot of the political pundits who say that if a Republican had said that them all hell would have broken lose. However, this was Reid who said it, and Obama forgave him- of course he did- if he didn't then, that would just open up a whole can of whoop worms wouldn't it? I loved how on the Joe Scarborough show the one self titled "token light skinned Black Guy" agreed that if Al Sharpton had become a major candidate, then the majority would not have voted for him....really? are we as the US that stupid that we need someone to tell us that a made up minority leader who has his own political obsessions might talk down to his own people in some ghetto slang in order to further his agenda? Geez...I Guess we are really stupid.
I love politics, but I detest the fact that so many "minority leaders" use the diversity issues these days to further there own personal agendas. Just be sure to look into things, further, my friends, and make your own mind up. I have a feeling that Reid's statements are more of a generational gap than a racial discrimination slur...so I'm being nice. I know that there are ALOT of people that agree with what he said, just that they knew better than to say it. But if it had been a Republican who said it- whooo.....let heads roll. These are the days we live in.

No comments: