Sunday, December 6, 2009

musing

One another note, what are your favorite songs? If you really think about it, you probably have alot on your i-pod, your mix cds, or on your pc like we do. It has crossed my mind that my selection of songs for any of those is so widely varied, it would never make sense to anyone else. Not that we do these things thinking about others opinions, just that I believe that music is such a great form of self expression. What do your selections say about you? I have downloaded songs from "Chicago" ("All That Jazz"), "The Sound of Music", "Moulin Rouge", then some old Guns N Roses thrown in. Also, "Stupid Boy" by Keith Urban, an underappreciated guitarist and songwriter, "Bulls on Parade" by Rage, "Rhapsody in Blue" ( Gershwin i think). Let's not forget "Lights Camera Action" by Mr. Cheeks, "Nothing Compares 2 U" by Sinead, and that crazy "Can I Get a What What" song by JayZ. I'm so uncool I probably didn't spell his name right. But that is a very smooth song with the high strings and strange bouncy sounds.
What do you like on a rainy day? Some Nine Inch Nails, some Etta James, some classic Doobie Brothers? On a bright sunny day, when you're jazzed up and put in something fitting- perhaps even some cheesy Jimmy Buffet or his modern day counterpart Jack Johnson, who always seems like he smokes a bong and writes about monkeys, palm trees, walking around, and being happy?
What a crazy weekend. The Gators lost, in a very poor fashion, to a great team. I knew it was going to be a tough game but thought it would just come down to minutes left in the fourth on who won. Sigh. At least we got out and enjoyed the weather, and I did enjoy two days with my whole family being together watching Jude smile for the first time. He is a peach, and definitely will be my mellow child. His big eyes follow every single thing, and he seems to keep his thoughts to himself, unlike his brother, so this is a different adventure altogether. Who would have thought I would ever have children...not me!
I'm going to go listen to some "Strange Love" by Depeche Mode and pretend like it's the mid eighties when all I cared about were my black converse hightops, my bobbed hair, braces, and which guy was writing me the best love notes and sticking them in my locker. Smiling.
Oh, how the past defines our future.

Ta ta for now, and sleep tight.

No comments: