Saturday, December 12, 2009

greetings and salutations!

Getting ready for a Christmas party in Brandon this evening- I love having a reason to get dressed up and wear something besides t-shirts and running shorts. Still trying to decide which day I'm traveling up the peninsula to Bay County territory...it will be a long trip with two younguns but what can you do? I am planning a wine party for my birthday in January, since the weather usually is wet and cold, and Jude is still too young to leave with a sitter, we decided to have it at our own home to make things easier on me. Nick will go to bed by 7 as usual, and he sleeps like a lumberjack through any kind of noise. I am looking forward to some fun games, goofy prizes for best and worst tasting wines (without insulting any of the guests) and trying to find more ideas online. I am thinking it would be fun to throw in some Strawberry Hill into the anonymous brown bag mix of wines for the tasting and see if anyone can tell that it's the infamous pink joy of grapes.
Anyhoo..how is your day? What are your plans for this weekend? Looking forward to getting the new Harry Potter out of DVD like we are? Maybe not? I have added a few more goals for this new year to my list:

1. try, once again, to become a vegetarian. After I eat my mother in law's awesome ribeye dinner next week in Pcola.
2. Take up yoga again.
3. Smile more- i've been trying since Mrs. Gauiter at Bay HIgh told me that she noticed me smiling more one year, than the previous (this was due, of course, to some kind of romantic drama and turmoil that was going on). So, Mrs. G I am still trying to smile even when I don't feel like it.
4. Stop making fun and yelling at the very bad drivers down here. Some of them...need to be retested...I won't even go there right now, because I know driving is a big sign of independence..
5. Keep in touch with old friends better this year...I've already been better lately,a nd enjoy that connection to my girlfriends who know me so well.
6. Do more for the senior citizens here.

ok- weell, hope you have a good one! I got about 3 hours sleep last due to a 1am feeding, then 2 hours of baby farts, grumblings, and then my other son knocking at our door at 5 am ready for the day with a poopy diaper. JOY. My eyes are swimming in caffeine and may just stay crossed the whole day.

No comments: