Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Bad mommy quotes

This is due to the fact I got up at 5:15 today during freezing weather to dump some cheerios and milk on Nick's tray so he could eat and grunt with pleasure while i creeped around the house on our creaky old wooden cold floors drinking coffee until the sun came up. damn that was a long sentence.
here's some things you can say to your toddler before they really know what they mean without damaging his intelligence, hurting his feelings, or maiming him/her psychologically for life:
1. The toddler farm opens at 8 and if you're not good I'm trading you in for a better model.
2. wow- you are just like your father.
3. I really don't like wiping runny noses and cleaning your bottom- just so you know.
4. You're only cute after around 10 am.
5. I only put you down for a noon nap for your own health- not because i need a break from you.
6. I do not like doing laundry every single day because you grow so fast and get food, milk and random body fluids on your clothes about every 3 hours.
7. Your whines are like a musical Hallmark card to my ears.
8. Because you, my life is no longer recognizable to me. Thanks!
OK- those sounded really mean on reading them over. Sorry Nick! We love you so much and I appreciate how fast you have learned to "give 10" instead of give 5 like a good little capitalist should.
We are so proud! Now come here and give me a big hug and let's start the morning with a better attitude.

No comments: