Friday, December 26, 2008

Stepbrothers- the movie and other stuff

So, this movie was with watched with high hopes- Adam McKay and Will Ferrell writing another Talledega Nights ...but not so much! With every passing moment, I felt like little squirrels were taking away my brain cells and storing them away for winter. It was that bad- to me! Now my husband and sister in law kindof liked it but I think we were all in accord with feeling like we were ripped off. The gag reel was even funnier than the movie. I would explain the plot but the title does that for you, and I love John C Reill- in Chicago, in The Good Girl (very good movie) he was the bomb. Maybe it's the post Christmas blues, but we were all hyped after a good day in the sun at Tarpon Springs with the in-laws eating Greek food and loving the atmostphere of sponge diving boats and tacky tourists shops (but awesome food establishments- love the rolled grape leaves and pita & hummus).
Linda and Paul went back to their hotel by the bay till tomorrow and my sis in law is staying with us while her hub visits family in Gainesville ( we have lots of family there on both sides). This movie really stinks. It was silly - and I can handle silly. But it wasn't really funny to me. I felt like it was a long SNL skit that ran out of steam. Watching Will Ferrel playing a beer- bellied hair over grown child has lost it's cool- or maybe it just needed another venue. I was in a good mood, but now have lost about half my brain cells. Thanks Will and co! Maybe you don't agree and that's fine! I love a good comedy but felt like this one wasted my time. It makes me want to get out the Monty Python dvd's and have some real senseless humor- or just read a really good book.
By the way-my mother in law just brought us another two boxes of books- we have about 400 now (including our own) love her! I just gave my sis in law "The Blank Slate" by Steve Pinkerton about the whole nuture vs. nature thing..... I can read anything. I am looking most forward to the newest Scarpetta novel- have all of them and now will get the latest in this new delivery- nothing like really well written forensic fiction to keep you awake and paranoid for another night!
Hope everyone had a good Christmas - more about that another time. It was peaceful as usual for us, and I loved going to Christmas eve service at 4 and then having a big cookout afterwards under the stars. I would like it, though, if we could get some more cool weather before spring begins!
Love ya, JLM

1 comment:

melody said...

speaking of Monty Python, we just watched "Life of Brian" two nights ago and laughed our heads off. there's little better than watching skinny British men dressed up like women...