Saturday, March 16, 2013

When Irish Eyes Are Smiling...

After many days of being very much under the weather, and trust me I am not for one to get sick easily but GOD WOW that was some bad sickness we had going down in our home last week ( which is totally cleaned and bleached top to bottom thanks to my own special OCD DNA) . I hated not being able to write anything...you may think that's silly but trust me it's not. It is my code that I write- my great great uncle had poems published and many relatives of mine in both families seem to share the same need to dwelve into the words and the oil paints to express themselves. 

In the meantime, I just wanted to wish everyone a very happy weekend. I have had a very interesting and hard week, so sleep is a priority the next few nights. We went to the beach today at 10 a.m. and by the time we were leaving, there was a line to the bridge. My best advise is..get up early and go to bed by midnight on the weekends. I love me some Craig Ferguson so he's my treat during the week about twice. I would also suggest listening to the Lumineers sometimes- we all have loved them for a while as do my friends from Bay County who moved to Denver Co. 

"Took a bus to Chinatown..."    Good night friends, and take good care of yourselves. I would highly suggest also to read  WB Yeats when you can. My first book of his poetry was given to me in 1989, I bought another in 1996 during college and he is my personal alma mater. Forever the swans, the golden apples and the Innisfree. Yeats, the Irish man for those of us not Irish. 

No comments: