Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Tori Amos & Metropole Orkest - Winter (Rotterdam, NL 2012-10-01)




"When you gonna make up your mind? When you gonna love you as much as I do?"

This is a great way to send off the winter as the gusty winds of cool spring air come into our north Florida home today. I have had a fever for 24 hours now, a lovely gift from my sons who have been bug riddled this weekend poor things. So, if I ramble a bit the next few posts you know why.

 But don't pray for me, just listen to this wonderful video. Tori Amos was my first true "idol" if one could call being in love with a modern composer and piano player that. Listening to her music old and new ("Scarlett's Walk" is wonderful too) I am always amazed at how she has changed and adapted to the past few decades, never trying for radio hits but always bringing some fresh and inventive sounds to her music, such as her last album which combined some Gregorian and Baroque tunes to suit her own words. A true talent. We are still waiting for the time I can see her live.
In a world of pop, people who really play and who really sing are always nice to come home to. (ending with a preposition..)

No comments: