Monday, December 6, 2010

Tampa Int'l Auto Show

was like a bedazzled indoor parking lot with lots of cool people, freebies, and entertainment for the kids. I suggested it to my husband, and now that we have been, recommend it for anyone who just wants something different to take their family to. Ending on a preposition has never been my thing, however, the show was classy, easy to get around, and I had fun. I have always been into design- i still have drawings I did in middle school age of "fashion"- dresses, etc. for the runway. I love architectual design (went Gaga over Miami over any other big cities I have been to, and I've been to alot). Cars don't always call out to me, but there are some designs that sing. I don't care about cost, or even who makes them, I am all about the instant impression with cars. There are people who live in tents who own a Porsche because they just think that it will bring them some type of cache. (kindof like some, ahem football fans, or fair weather political voters). Then there are the car fans like me - all about the beauty and design. Now, what I just said was totally contradictory- if someone loves a Porsche, and that's what they just need to have, then good for them.

Function is key, but HOW is the function built. How are the mechanics hidden, or if they are full view, how do they fit into the build of the car? These are things I look at. Just like a house.
For the first year in a while, the Jaguar company did not show up to this show. economy, blah blah blah we were told. Better they stay in their pedestal in the sky among the autos on high than be dragged down I-75 etc to sully their wings. I understand. Everytime we have to use 75 for some reason (rarely, and never to go home) I feel the need to dust off the cow dung mist and semi- dust.
Oh well, it was still very cool. And next up, we are going to the newly renovated Tampa Museum of Art. My parents always took us camping, to museums and to cities with alot to offer while visiting and we have done the same with our children. So...design and great minds ahead!


No comments: