Thursday, December 23, 2010

Can someone

Please tell Faith Hill (who I just saw singing on a Public Channel Christmas Special) that although she has a really great deep throaty voice, it would better be served by just singing, and not all dolled up with fake eyelashes, fake extensions, and a sprayed on tan. I have seen her in concert in Nashville with her husband Tim McGraw. I have seen over 40 live acts, and they were in the top ten- for real. I know alot of my peers diss on the country performers, but these guys are the real deal for a live show.

I like his songs more than hers- purely because hers are very "pop" oriented, whereas his are straightforward country ( and anything straightforward is totally my thing. In any capacity). I just would say, if I was her manager- lay off the "glamour" and let people hear you, not LOOK at you. She's got a kick ass voice, but it's always distracting to see her in boots, big hair, and even when she kindof gets natural, it's a sprayed on "natural".
Oh jeez, the CoolTv channel we love here in Clearwater/Tampa is playing some crazy stuff now. We love this channel- it's like MTV back in the early days. It's cable/ antennae access and it's all videos all the time. It will jump from Journey to Goldfrapp in four minutes. Love it!
Music reborn.

Faith, take note. As all the other women singers out there. Be yourself. If you go to bed every night with false eyelashes, then so be it. But if you just need to sing and want to be heard, leave half the makeup at home. We will hear you.

No comments: