Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I am in a dark mood but it's cool so come on in...

My personal times are good (I keep some stuff for my private stash of bad things, not to be all let out at once or maybe never to the internet world), but I have had sad news from friends the past few days and am feeling for them today. Actually it's around midnight. Great time for some poetry to set us in the mood. And how about my last post huh? - some major spelling and grammar uh-ohs there but when I write, I move on usually and leave them be.

Whoever you are! motion and reflection are especially for you,
The divine ship sails the divine sea for you.
Whoever you are! you are he or she for whom the earth is solid and liquid,
You are he or she for whom the sun and moon hang in the sky,
For none more than you are the present and the past,
For none more than you is immortality.
Walt Whitman, A Song of the Rolling Earth
I posted this particularly to. That is all I am going to say about that. It's a wonderful piece of a poem. I don't know these things by heart- I physically get my books out from my shelves and put pens in them to keep them open in order to write on this blog. Some of these poetry books I have had since 1988. In my own slanted cursive writing, I took ownership of them, my constant friends. Genetics has a hand in writing, and mine takes after my father's all slanty to the right, lean, and somewhat uncomprehensible in my older age...this is due to computer use, not due to my father (;).

No comments: