Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Stuff and other stuff

First, someday soon, I'll link a few cool blogs from other homemade bloggers like myself to this site...just to share some more cool reading. First I like to get the authors' permission, since although blogs are public, it's still nice to get someone's ok to share their personal information, opinions, or any other thing they may post on their blogs...

Secondly, what a cool night. Literally, it's only in the low 70's maybe, but with the very full moon it is neat to sit outside this time of night and enjoy the cooler air and the backyard is lit up like daylight.

Thirdly, I am excited someone made a movie about "The Road", the novel by Cormac McCarthy. Although i appreciated the cinematography of "No Country for Old Men"(which he also wrote), I have special feelings about "The Road". At first read, it was so brutal, depressing, and hopeless that I wanted to warn people NOT to read it. Then, I realized that my own interpretation slowly changed. I thought it was more about humanity, in the end, and that although the father sees the world ending, he knows that what makes us human is the hope that life will go on. He must believe that fact in order to give his boy (called "boy" in the book) hope. Otherwise, humanity is no different than the dead landscape that surrounds them. And, that is what i hope comes through in the violent storyline - that the hope of life is what makes us different than everything else in the natural world. Our consciousness of life, of our dreams, our minds, our every waking moment is what sets us apart from animals, trees, rivers and oceans. Damn- what a good book.
Not for the weak hearted. Some people might just not like it- it is very bleak. Be forewarned. It ain't pretty.

In the meantime, I could not just sit and watch tv tonight, as usual, got restless and did a bunch of multi-tasking until making myself sit, write, and catch up on email through facebook. One son has been asleep since around 8, and the other in his carseat sleeping until next feeding. I forgot how much babies need to eat...it's like walking on eggshells in the evenings with him for now, we keep him in the living room and pretty much hang out outside or play music on the stereo, which doesn't seem to wake him, until - oh! One eye opens then the other, and it's already time to eat again. He reminds me of the Oracles in "The Neverending Story" I think that is what they were... when you walk past them, their eyes open slowly and if you don't run through in time, their laser eyes open and they shoot fatal light at you. Similar, not as devastating.

Ta ta for now folks. Get some sleep.

No comments: