Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Foo

I read recently that the Foo Fighters are on an "indefinite hiatus" mostly due to the fact that next week Dave Grohl's new band's album is coming out, and there will probably be touring and promotions he will have to commit to. All I can hope is that this band is successful ( not hoping just for monetary success but that their music is actually good for us), and that the Foo will reunite once more to produce some more great music. What I have loved about this band is that their albums have gotten better over the years. In my opinion, their songwriting and musicality has just grown every single record. It has gone from pop/rock to some pretty intense, deep, and emotional songs most of which one can tell are not written to be just radio friendly (and thus, made to be a "hit"). Seeing them live was one of the high points in my concert going history, we were so close I could see every tooth in Dave's big growling grin while he wailed away. They rock.
Its been a busy weekend. Writing more tomorrow.

Ta ta for now kids.

No comments: