Monday, January 26, 2009

Greetings and Salutions...

Since we've had a busy past few days and made an offer on a house today, I can't pin down one certain topic to moan about so I'm just going to list them like a good lazy writer should never do.
1. The New President and his big day last week- I had alot of thoughts as I watched some of that day. But in the end, is there really anything left to say? If I say anything negative then I'm just not down with the hip MTV crowd, and if I say I have high hopes that he succeeds in making us a better country, then I'm just not as gleeful as all the journalists on tv who are in love with him (for now). The backlash has begun, which is predictable when so many hold someone up to such high expectations. Wish him well. Nothing else to say about him from my end this week.
2. Recently I read over some old posts I wrote, and laughed outloud at some items. The problem with putting your true feelings down on ether-net air is that a week later you can sound really retarded. But, that is human nature.... when you put your emotions down, it's all in a certain context. Out of context, anything can sound rather kooky. Still, I have to stand by myself- who else is going to do it?
3. Nick got glasses this week. Cute blue rimmed wire ones so he looks like the Jerry McQuire kid..although getting him to keep them on is a struggle.
4. I finished "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy in two nights. I cannot wait for this movie. If you have not read this book....you must. It's stark, spare, insufferable for it's ending, and McCarthy is like our modern Hemingway..no word is unnecessary. Viggo is going to play the adult character. "Mary Poppins" it is not. I wish I could say McCarthy is related, but not that I am aware. Maybe, way back, we both came from County Kerry Ireland.
5. Does anyone else think that Blago from ILL looks like Sam from The Lord of the Rings movies??
6. Why do so many people get riled about little ole Ann Coulter? She's a shock jock! Unfortunately for her, the facts that she does try to talk about (that are real statistics) get mired down in her droll, smug New England accent. The short skirts, the long hair, the tall black boots are a "bad girl in a Republican world" schtick that is old, already. She doesn't seem to understand why the "others" don't take her seriously.
7. My sister and brother in law are going to be great parents! I joke about how they might have twins since they seem to run in the family, but that's not really that funny when you're in labor. Now I will be Aunty Jennifer, or when I can teach them to talk... "Your highness the coolest Aunt Juju how beautiful you are aunt". Maybe
8. We about half a day left until we see if our offer is accepted on a house. There is already another offer on the table, but ours is pre-approved. We sold our one in Nashville in 45 days (were lucky) so have been renting a cute but older home. No dishwasher. Because back in the 50's, housewives adored their husbands enough to do the dishes at least after every meal :) Also this house has the old roll out windows that were really popular in the South before A/C, so not matter how tight they are, some air or heat leaks out, creating high power bills. It got down in the 30's this week again, and our poor central heat ran all night at 68 degrees. everyone slept in socks, and the old wood floors creep as they shrink up. Modern house...here we come!
well.. that's enough jabbing for the night. I am cooking some frozen stuffed clams, an old weird food I have always liked (like Sardines on saltines). No one else here really likes them, so they're all mine! Love, juju

1 comment:

John and Andrea said...

Good luck with the house!! And yes, the IL Governor totally looks like Sam!