Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Almost a week without posting!

Where have I been? What have I been doing? Did I save all the humans from themselves? No..just couldn't put my finger on one thing to write about. My mind is all over lately. We've been busy...had a good New Year's, I visited with my Sis at Starbuck's and in general have had a great week. Looking forward to a certain game tomorrow night...here's a rundown of thoughts that occured to me since I still can't make up my mind what specifically to write about:
1. I love children...just not in large loud groups.
2. Obama has alot on his plate- hope he's very hungry.
3. Ironman (the movie) freakin rules! I have always loved Robert Downey Jr...ever since Less Than Zero and Chaplin (not out on DVD yet though!). This almost beat out The Dark Knight for my fave action movie this year. But it's like comparing apples to oranges. Ironman had all the high-brow (that's my new phrase for the week) humour that Downey is known for with great writing, action and a fairly decent plot. Also Jeff Daniels (AKA the dude) is great as the bad guy....a different choice than most action movies, he's not some slick dark haired Eastern/European type like most Bond ,etc movies use. Great movie! Hope they do another.
4. People who choose to put themselves in a situation they already know may not be fun, enjoyable or comfortable should do themselves a big favor and NOT do that particular thing. (this is also advice for myself, as sometimes I do things for other people that I know I am not wanting to do ) Your instinct is best not left ignored. Plus your misery is not fun for others and they don't feel sorry for you.
5. Elton John and Billy Joel are coming here in March...hope to see them! I think that would be the cherry on top of most performances we have seen while married and the ones I saw earlier in life. Maybe not Foo Fighters. Dave Grohl actually sung AT ME. YES!
We're watching "The Strangers" tonight, some thriller that may be good. Waiting for The Tudors to come in the mail next...love that show. Historical fiction at it's most roll -in -the- hay best.
There is so much on the news these days I have really tuned out of it for a while, always watching but not feeling the need to write about it....
Hope you have a great day and remember...thumb, lime, upside down Corona = a perfect sunset.

No comments: