Saturday, January 17, 2009

35 is FREAKING WONDERFUL

What is great about turning 35? I am not 25 and will never be again- thank God. What a hot mess I was for about -oh- 10 years between 18 and 28. Sometimes it was very fun, sometimes it was entertaining for others to watch, sometimes it was peaceful, sometimes I was enjoying life, and sometimes little demons sat on my shoulders whispering into my ears all the things I should not do.....Yet as Frost said- as I got older I did end up taking the roads less traveled, which was good thing in the end. I saved myself from perpetual train-wreckedness and spun myself out of the machine that can make you old real fast.
When you were 25, where did you see yourself in 10 years. What person did you think you would be? Actually when I was 25 I never thought about the future past a few years. That says alot, because I didn't respect the future like I learned to do soon after. Most of us probably thought we would just live forever. Most of us never thought we'd get a wrinkle, or lose any hair. I'm ok with get physically older, and have no desire to be a "Britney over 50"...you know what I mean.
And the life part happens slowly at first, then escalates like a Millenium Falcon in light speed. And our children drive us crazy, our friends start having illnesses, our parents get "retired". It can be unpredictable, like riding on the roads we took in Honduras- hugging mountains, no barrier on the side to keep your rickety bus from falling down the hill, while people speak fast Spanish, crossing yourself with them even though you sneer at the Catholic church, all the time holding tight onto your loved ones hands, praying no-one carjacks your joyride.....Hanging on for the dear life you have left. SIGH.
But I think it's all going to be ok- 35 is a good age. And 1974 was a good year.
Night ya'll. Juju mcc

1 comment:

John and Andrea said...

The Big 3-5! Woo-Hoo!! Hope this year's the best one yet!