Tuesday, July 19, 2011

How Finland became an education leader

Interesting post from Salon.com about education in Finland. We could use a different model right about now. My children are not that old yet, but I hear a lot of parents rail against the large amount of testing their kids do every year. I'd rather my children learn real life skills they will use : economical education (how to save, avoid debt, be smart with money), business models, several languages, creative arts, musicality (helps with memory and creative thought processes), physical education (yoga, running, some competitive sports is just fine with me), how to behave in social situations, respecting our elderly, compassion and empathy (emotional education including anger management), and required volunteering hours in order to graduate.

Have a wonderful day!
Link below:



How Finland became an education leader

No comments: