Friday, June 3, 2011

Kings of Leon and Victoria's Secret have a wedding

Very recently, the lead vocalist for Kings of Leon (Caleb Followill) married Victoria's Secret model Angel with Wings and a G-string (Lily Aldridge). I first heard of KOL while living in Nashville as they were still a somewhat underground Southern rock Tennessee band, who burst forth with a more arena rock sound a few years back. This year, they released an album that I liked even more, as it went back to their somewhat haunting, high mountain sound and Caleb got his Western wear leathery voice back. Welcome back to the South, Caleb.
Anyhow, this is not about their music. This is about rock stars who marry models. It is so common but i wonder how these things happen. Here is a made up scenario for Caleb and Lilly.

(Caleb) "Hi, I'm Caleb, the lead signer for Kings of Leon. You're hot. Wanna jump in my limo and hang while we're in Toronto after the concert?"

(Lily) "Where is Leon?"

(Caleb) "What? Oh, never mind, I think you're foreign so that's ok that you don't know who we are. Anyway, you're hot. Wanna make out in the bathroom?"

(Lily) "You're all grungy, scruffy and smell like cigarette butts and whiskey, but you're famous so that's ok. Let's go make out."

(Caleb) "Right on, beautiful. Let me text my other girlfriends to tell them I'm booked for the night."

(Lily) "What?"

(Caleb) " Nothing, honey bunch. You're a flower in bloom. You're an angel and I'm the devil so let's make some sweet music.

(Lily) "Sure, you're hot so..."
(at this point Lily texts her Ukrainian model friends the following message: "I'm going home with a King, from Leon. Aren't you jealous?"

well, Mrs. Followill, maybe not so jealous after all! Congrats to the happy newlyweds!

No comments: