Wednesday, June 15, 2011

no moon out here tonight

supposedly there is something going on outside with the moon tonight. no luck here in our neck of the woods. It has been a crazy but good last few days. Kids are still sniffling but no trips to the ER after last week. That was a lesson in being a parent. One of the reasons I used to not want to be a parent was because I knew that being on meant getting your heart broken. It is true, and it happens. The children can scare the shit out of you, and you have to deal with it. There is nowhere to run, and no one to help them but yourselves.

I was always a commitment-phobe, and would get real antsy anytime someone wanted to get serious. I knew that I would react the same way if I ever had kids. This personality trait is one I am constantly working on. A really good friend of mine and I had a talk recently about how the same is true of many things, and how "how" we were as teens or even 20 year olds doesn't really change, but circumstances push against you, and you have to learn to grow emotionally and accept responsibility anyway. Some might say this is "growing up" I say it is deeper than that, not so black and white. I say it is not that easy and that our true nature or personality whatever you want to call it, is a cloudy and unmovable as the weather outside tonight. No moon, just a mass of humid clouds dumping large amounts of heaviness.

In the end, the pay off is that on good days, the light comes out and what we have to do is clear as the sun is bright, or the moon. Enjoy the moonlight, wherever you are. Tell me how it looked!

No comments: