Thursday, October 7, 2010

Salt and Lime

Wow, how I have missed writing this lately. It's so easy to write on Facebook- little lazy comments, blurbs, postings...but this is so much more personal (to a point) and always makes me feel like I owe something to the readers.
I am not a poet, nor some great intellectual. You all know that. What I am saying is that when I write on this, I feel some responsibility to entertain or give something to the reader so their five minutes of websurfing isn't in vain.
Fear not- I still hold no great ideas!! So make a great martini and enjoy my non- intelligent blogging tonight...My family life lately has sucked any intelligence from my mind, holding it out in space for me to grasp again and pull down in the future for some great moment in blog literary history.

Here are some random thoughts of the past few weeks:

There is a Southern Baptist Minister who is criticizing the growing popularity of yoga among Christians...as a Christian who pracitices yoga, I can only assume he is scared of the rising numbers of Mid Eastern religious practitioners in the US and that he does not realize that Christianity draws from the Mithra cult practices, pre- Roman pagan practices and other "pre- Christian" beliefs ...thus he must have graduated from Auburn and never left his homeland of Alabama the beautiful, where stars fall.

Obama is gaining popularity in my own head, due to the sole fact that he favors a longer school year. True. We have considered home schooling, but only in the case of a traveling/roaming kind of lifestyle...which we could do at any moment due to Phillip's job offers. We are always discussing this.

I truly believe after being back in FL for two years that the extreme heat in Western FL makes people crazy. Really. The crime rates go up...but after that harvest moon and cooler air...everyone chills, until Christmas and the druggies need to steal stuff for their presents.

The Gators do not suck as much as people think. It's all relative. I am enjoying the whole bandwagon thing, where alot of big Gator fans are suddenly not so vocal. So...where were you during the sketchy but exciting Chris Leak years? Hiding under a rock waiting for them to have winning seasons? Where were you right after that....waiting for Danny W to show up and remind you what came before him? (Terry Dean). I love it that AL is doing so great- any SEC team that is number 1 is great, and I have to give props to alot of AL fans, they are a hell of alot classier than some of the other fans...

To end this post mercifully, I would suggest if you live in the lower 45 degree mark please sleep outside tonight. I haven't done it yet this fall, but there is nothing that makes one feel younger than camping in a tent (like Phillip and I do when possible) or just snoozing outside for a while...there is nothing more "un-suburban" than to sleep under any stars and wake up with the birds. I highly recommend it for anyone who can..if you have kids- just lock them up safely, bring out your phone/baby monitors and snooze away for 7 hours...(on your patio or outdoor chairs). Your kids will wonder why you look so happy that morning. It will utterly change the way your day starts, and you may want to do it again.

Well, good night friends, old and new...far and very far away.
I think of all of you often, and hope that everyone is taking care of themselves and realize how important they are in this world.

Love, JLynn

No comments: