Monday, August 31, 2009

Mad Men part 2

Another great moment...when the camera is close up on Paul lying on the floor all stoned, who quotes rapidly, "This is the way the world ends, this is the way the world ends, this is the way the world ends, not with a bang but with a whimper." I almost fell off the couch in delight, as this is such a wonderful poem and I have quoted it so many times that I felt like E.T. making contact with home. OK, it's just a television show, but Mad Men is pure joy for analytical, type A minus types like me who took English Lit, advertising, marketing and journalism classes, AND who are detailed oriented.
That said, tonight has been one of those nights when all I can say the only highlight of this evening is that there was only ONE load of laundry, ONE dish switch out, and I am really tired though the sun is still high in the sky, mocking my pregnant self. My body lets me down so often these past few days I get frustrated, like a typist whose computer won't keep up with the words-per -minute. I remember it getting like this before, with our first one, but how easily we forget! Days and days now. Tomorrow by 9am I will be floating in the Gulf of Mexico, easing back pains, watching out for stray sharks, and eavesdropping on senior citizens discussing their AARP memberships, sunscreen usage and discounts at nearby cafes. (I love seniors, really!!) They are just everywhere down here. What is great about this week, though, is that FOOTBALL season begins again, and in under two weeks we will have parties, game days, and I'll have every excuse to yell really loud at something besides labor pains.
Keep us in your thoughts as you go about your evening, and I will also send good vibes your way.
Tata for now.

No comments: