Tuesday, June 16, 2009

There and Back Again...A Hobbit's Tale

ok- sorry for the cheesy LOTR ripoff title but going into Panama City and Bay County for such a short visit this weekend was like falling down a rabbit hole and comming out the other side in senior citizen land (Clearwater). I went to our old church that Phillip and I got married in with mom and Nick, saw some old good friends, laughed until tears during lunch at the Place on Grace with Allison Deeds (her sister and her always keep me laughing and in good spirits), saw some old sites and some new buildings (the Shrimp Boat in St. Andrews near wher the photo on this site has been newly resurrected)...
I drove around the Beach Drive area and took some pics, went to Destin to retrieve our son from his wonderful grandparents and got to spend some time at my folks swimming in their pool, and swatting mosquitos while going for evening walks. It was not enough time, and I cried all the way to Bristol Fl leaving the area.. not boo-hooin but kept getting tears from all the hormones, memories and overwhelming desire to have two lives- one here at our house and another one back there where Phillip and I have so many great memories, friends, and special places in our hearts. Anyway, there's not enough room to put down onto virtual paper all the things that went on while I was there, but I am happy to be back with Phillip and he was glad to have nick back in our home to relearn all his old habits :)

No comments: