Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Review of "Margot at the Wedding"

I know this movie is "old" to some- 2007 release. I had always wanted to rent it because I am fascinated by Nicole Kidman (how could she have married Tom Cruise, what kind of control did he have over her -that short little man, and was she never better than in "Moulin Rouge?") as an actress and I also like Jennifer Jason Leigh. So it was on Cinemax or something last night and we sat to watch the entire movie.
Do you ever start something and know it's going to be bad but you still sit there waiting for it to get better? That's this movie. Kidman had a wig on that was totally distracting (musn't mess with the trademark red curls!), Jack Black in his man-child role acted so badly that I thought one scene was supposed to be funny and it was not supposed to be, Leigh mumbled through her lines like a stoned hippy with bad tooth pains, and there was alot of really awkward, incestual relationships drawn out between mother and son, cousins and pretty much everyone in the film. I don't have anything against incest people, but at least make it interesting! hee hee.
If you enjoy wasting about 2 hours of your life watching people act out a drama that could have been good, see this one. If you like pseudo-intellectual fictional characters spend all their lives analyzing themselves, popping pills, smoking the weed, and ignoring their children- watch this film. I don't have to, I could hang out with certain people I know and see that stuff happen in real life. If you get amused by plot lines that lead to dead ends, curly-ques, or quicksand, and you laugh at jet planes that fall from the sky- you will enjoy this film.
that was harsh...but so was this viewing experience.
Just sayin.

No comments: