Thursday, June 7, 2012

"lamp"

Lately one of our offspring has had the desire to tell everyone what they want to "be" when they get older. Form what I understand this is a common thing among the little folks.

 I always thought that when my children had these talks it would sound like this :
"I want to be a teacher/doctor/pet therapist/protester/decorator/quarterback/savior/harpist when I grow up, mother and father!"

Instead, my progeny says things like "I want to be a drain, a rainbow, a pole (this after explaining to them the electrical poles that run along streets), a fish, a bowl, a car when I grow up! "

 It goes on, this madness. I appreciate this - a child's unwillingness to recognize any kind of boundaries or definitions that we all begin to adhere to as we grow into adults, and as we lose our boundless imaginations. They do not realize that one must still be a "person" when they grow up, not an inanimate object. This is a blessing, right?

Go ahead, my little mini-me..be a rainbow when you grow up. Make momma proud. The other one can be the pot of gold and make my world.

No comments: