Friday, January 6, 2012

Humor Me

Good morning friends! I am excited about another weekend of social events, and a few new things going on in my life right now. (no babies, don't worry my sanity will remain intact until around 50 then I'll go find a big "red tent" to live in until my golden years). Do yourself a big huge loving favor and please check out the great funny show "Portlandia" as soon as possible. Season 1 is currently on Netflix Instant and is a great satire of the ever competitive, neurotic and slightly sinister and anxsty world of hip Portland. Now, I have a few old friends who after leaving PC, left for colleges elsewhere and immediately set up shop in Portland, Oregon. They come home often, travel like all of us do, but they love love love their Portland- and why not? I have also fallen in love with places just as much if not more than with people. Geography is everything to me. I have enjoyed it alot how much we have moved around even in a smaller circle, putting your toes in new places makes you grow, and you can inhale the fresh air of something totally different than "where you came from".
If you enjoy satire, and can appreciate the ability to recognize that the ability to laugh at subcultures only means that you should laugh at your own,then please watch "Portlandia" asap. and if you're in a crafty mood "put a bird on it".

No comments: