Monday, August 8, 2011

Things I am going to spend a moment on and then try to forget....

Here what needs to go away or retire for a while, or forever:

24 News Channels - they are making everyone nuts. It's not news, it's someone's opinion parading as news, and it's sad how many people watch and nod their heads in unison without thinking for themselves.

Kardashian ANYTHING. Please please please. please please please. Please.

Texting - great for business communication, but I detest it for friendships, family and people I hold "close" - use the digits and your voice if possible. I know we all do it, but I miss the long phone conversations I used to have with tons of people, now everyone's all "Write me on FB" - why not call? Oh, you're too busy texting me or writing on FB - lol.

Kanye West

Music Smugs- these are the folks we all know who still think it's cool to act like they were the first ones to see a new group, discover them, or share them. Yes, yes you did it first. Does that make you feel better? Music is for sharing, not for being snobby over.

Reality TV - except for cooking shows, which are mildly meditative and zen- like unless that red faced Brit is screaming at someone, in which case you can always turn the tv to public channels and get Zen moments from Lawrence Whelk, Austin City Limits or Ken Burns doc (all reality based)

JLo - Thought she'd get married to Marc Antony after all that Bennifer crap, and lay low - but no, she had to go get separated and insert herself again onto our world stage. Get off my stage JLo!

Britney Spears - because she and N'Sync pretty much RUINED MTV starting around 1998. Time to get back to the bayou little blondie, drink some mojitos with momager and raise your kin.

90's Nostalgia - isn't it a little too early to daydream about the days of Boys to Men, late Hair Bands, Bill Clinton and big cellular phones? I get a little tired of constant nostalgia, especially the ton or remakes from bad tv (Buffy Vampire Slayer, 90210, NOTKB tours). Leave the stuff in the past, where it belongs. Except for Steve Spurrier footage, I don't need to be constantly reminded of something that, in my own mind, is really only a "few years ago."

That's all I can muster for right now...I have been writing for various other things lately (including two essay contests $$) so my mind is slightly fried. The fam is good, and we are very thankful for some helpful family members who let us have two whole evenings children free. Next up, my summer list of movies, ratings and all. We saw a ton of movies at home this summer, and by were there some stinkers and stars!!



No comments: