Thursday, August 4, 2011

According to .....

Inc.com one of my favorite zines about small business information:

15 Sq Ft of workspace was lost by the average office worker from 1994-2010

Sales increases for fitness centers and sports centers grew +13.62% from 2009-2010

while sales decreased for car washes -12.187%

Men sent an average of 555 text messages per month while women sent 716. (according to Nielson).

So - more people are working out of their home office or cars, are going to car washes less (which makes sense, we always wash our own cars and alot of states have had such bad droughts that car washes are closing down), and women are texting a ton. Which is funny because i text about twice a week to local family for plans or a few far away girlfriends. But I always prefer a long old fashioned catch up session using real voices. I see men texting alot more than women, in my life, but hey you say to-may-toe and I say toh-mah-toe.






No comments: