Monday, May 23, 2011

Grateful List in case Rapture happens.

Things to be grateful for: Better make you grateful lists, in case the Rapture happens and you seem unthankful for all you have, you selfish buggers.

1. Good scary movies...the kind that make you wait. No chainsaws, no backseat hookups that end up in mashups, just good suspense and a story you can believe.

2. lightning bugs (my only bug "give"...meaning, a bug that I would let live if it was under my shoe and I could easily damage it)

3. Symphonies (the wine varietal and the live orchestral types)

4. sisters

5. mums and dads

6. fingers paints for kids

7. people out there who are taking care of kids who were abused.

8. great-grandparents!

9. Avocados. I could eat them all day, sliced on toasted grainy bread with some lite mayo, black pepper and tomatoes. YUMM>

10. Old friends who know you best. They know the whole you, the whole truth, and nothing but the true You.

What are you grateful for today? What if you had to leave our world tomorrow during a foretold Rapture date chosen by some old white guy in Kentucky? Let's say...Halloween, 2011.

I know we've done this before over the past three years, but take a moment. I LOVE a unique and artsy pair of great shoes, but would I include them on a grateful list?? depends on the day you ask. Sometimes, our needs are met and the more silly things rise to the top. Sometimes, we need to remember what we need most. I am a person who needs to see and hear things (tangibility a must) so making lists or in general, writing, is one the best ways I communicate, remember, and learn. This explains my utter hatred of algebra..it was all in the "air' as I tried to explain to my professors & tutors in college. It didn't mean anything because I could not feel it or see it (don't you get it? I would ask looking at them like they were idiots. trust me, some were). Different story...must get back to important moral point.

Thus, here we are. At the late evening hour, writing away like a little secretarial mouse. Anyhoo, think of the things you are most grateful for today. Open your eyes, look around. Would I need good shoes during a Rapture? Probably not, Avocados? Most definitely yes. Good for the skin, hair and full of good "fat". In Heaven, I'd rather have tons of good fat rather than be fat...that would be gluttony, and that is a sin.

We'll never win. Screw the grateful list.




No comments: